OGITA 9th Annual Technology / Education Conference
September 28th & 29th 2017
The OGITA annual conference will be held this year in Midwest City, Oklahoma on September 28th and 29th at the Midwest City Nick Harroz Community Center.
The conference provides attendees a great opportunity to network with peers, learn about latest technologies, and see what technology trends are being used around Oklahoma, as well as the United States. This year there will be presentations from vendors on new products and other presentations from member cities who are doing some of the new technologies. On Friday we will have key member presentations.
Schedule of events
- 9/27 Setup and Pre-Conference Reception
- Pre-conference reception, 5:30 – 7:00 at S&B Burgers, Midwest City
- 9/28 Expo Hall Day & Vendor Presentations
- Social Event and Mixer at the Midwest City Sheraton, 5:30 – 10:00
- 9/29 Peer-to-Peer Educational Sessions, Member Roundtables, and OGITA Business Meeting
Who Will Attend?
- Municipal / County / State / Education
- IT Directors / CIOs / Managers
- Mayors / City Managers
- Education Admin Staff
- Clerks / Librarians
- Network Administrators / Managers
- Telecommunication Specialists
- Police / Fire/Emergency Services
- Other IT support Staff
- IT Suppliers / Vendors
Why Will They Attend?
- Network with Oklahoma peers to learn what other Municipalities, County, State, Libraries, Education, and organizations are doing in the Information Technology world.
- Attend presentations from some of the top vendors from around the United States that many Oklahoma organizations use.
- Learn how to support your organization with up and coming technologies.
- Make effective and informative technology recommendations.
- Discover and evaluate products and services offered by the vendors in the exhibit hall and during presentations.
Registration for Attendees is now open via EventBrite, or https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-ogita-annual-fal…
Come attend the conference, see what OGITA has to offer, view the sessions, visit the exhibits, and then join OGITA if you like what you saw. Most Oklahoma government entities have already joined and sharing information at out monthly meetings as well as through our listserv email service. If you can only come for one day that is fine, but come! We know you will like what you see. There can be multiple attendees from each organization: IT directors, IT staff, Mayors, City Managers, Police Departments, Fire Departments, Public Utilities, City Clerks, County support staff, State support staff, library support staff, school staff, and other IT responsible parties, but each attendee needs to sign up individually. We have been asked by several City Managers as to how come they did not hear about this conference….so update your city, county, and state administration on this great free conference. The host hotel has discounted rooms so check the hotel information below. Be sure to mention OGITA when reserving your hotel room.
The conference will have many presentations based on OGITA members’ requests. If you have a vendor that wishes to present or needs a booth, please give them our conference web page address and get them signed up quick. All OGITA conferences in the past have sold out vendors space early as this is a much attended conference for vendors. Exposition Hall is limited to ensure a good vendor to attendee ratio. If you have signed up as an OGITA sponsor on our website, you will be given priority consideration. There will be many dedicated sessions for vendors/attendees interactions as well as extended exposition hall dedicated time Thursday morning. We will also have a Vendor-Attendee dedicated time so that each vendor will have every attendee listen to a short 2-3 minute introduction of their products and company. A rotation time if you will. This was started during our 2013 conference and vendors as well as attendees loved this round robin meet up.
Besides the vendor presentations there are some extra activities. There will be some social gatherings and receptions. But you must be signed up to attend any of these items.
OMAG is offering scholarships to help their members attend the conference, for those that might want to, but are unable to due to financial constraints. More information is available at http://www.omag.org/ogita-scholarship